Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas!!!

This 4X6 illustration was created for my Core class. I had too much fun doing this, I can't lie - I love Christmas so much!!!

We had to design a card for an international company and couldn't illustrate anything to "Christmas like!" - F'in Downer if you ask me, but I plugged in the Christmas music and went to work.

People should realize that you can't even possibly come close to illustrating what Christmas really is! Idiots get caught up in angels and Santa - So the fuck what! You can't escape the Wonderness of Christmas anyways - A green tree is always going to be the be all and end all of Christmas symbols, whether you like it or not! You can't escape it! So GO hug someone, it's Christmas!

If your going to shoot me over this, just please do it after the 25th.

Acrylic 4X6

9 comments:

Taj Nabhani said...

Rockwell was able to do it while just hinting at it:
http://www.decodog.com/inven/nr/nr29194.jpg
http://junomain.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/norman3.jpg
By hinting at how chritmas feels instead of shoving symbols and icons of christmas.

Great colours and technique though.

Nat said...

Jesse, it's awesome how you're so passionate about Christmas, for all the right reasons too. :)

Jesse Graham said...

Yea Taj. If it's going to be one guy to do it, it would be Rockwell. The first one I don't like because it's selling something, which is not what it's about for me but the second one is bang on. To bad it's not a good scan - lol that sounds like Kym! (Shoot me now)

Jesse Graham said...

Yes Nat! I'm glad your down with it all! Have a favourite Christmas song? My ear's always on for some new Christmas cheer. lol...Can't wait.

Caitlin said...

YES! CALVIN AND HOBBES REVISITED!!!!

Sherry said...

i smell another movie night filled with xmas themed movies!!! lol...do u know what i'm thinking jesse?!?!?!? lol I like the finished product. Thanks for letting me have a sneek preview!

Jesse Graham said...

Yes Sherry! Let's do it big this year! Muppet's Christmas for sure!

Sherry said...

For sure for sure.... just call me up and u know i'll be there right away!!! YEY xmas movies! i can't wait!

danSEDDON said...

Jesse! whats up man love the christmas illustration and i especially love the watercolour life drawings, so cool. anways man hope all is good and just know that me and c miss u man, have a great holiday.